Friday, February 22, 2013

Introducing Bodini and Besitos Wines at the Inn

We are excited to debut two outstanding new wines at the Franklin Inn. Both are available by the bottle or by the glass.  I'm in love with the Moscato and John prefers the Malbec. Come and give them a try and then let us know what you think.

Bodini Malbec (Argentina)
From the vineyard's website: "Bodini: Built On Dreams of Individuals Not Institutions. We're proud to be a sustainably focused wine brand, based in Argentina." Their logo stands for Sustainability, Social Responsibility, and Scholarship. Very cool. Serious Red Wine Drinkers will want to check out Vine Connections for a review with tasting notes. It even won a Gold Medal from the Beverage Testing Institute.  John likes that it has a smooth finish with no bite and he says that it is very drinkable.

Besitos Moscato (Spain)
An inquiry was posted via my facebook fan page as to whether or not Besitos is a sparkling wine.  I wasn't sure how to answer because it "kinda" is to me but not exactly and I'm honestly not a wine expert. The question was put to my wine rep. He described it to me perfectly, "The Italians call this style Frizzante. Slightly sparkling but not a full sparkling Spumante. I just like to tell people it is lively." Perfect! I hope you enjoy this one as much as I do.



No comments: